I was nominated for this award by 21andsensory at https://21andsensory.wordpress.com/. Check out her blog if you have the chance – it is a great blog about being an adult with sensory processing disorder
Here are the rules:
- Post the award picture on your blog
2. Write a short paragraph about yourself and what your blog means to you
My name is Marci, I’mm 33 single (but maybe not for long) gay female. I go to a couple local community colleges and am looking forward to transferring to UC Davis in the fall along with finally moving out. My blog began 6 years ago as a place for me to vent when I was very un-well mentally. I’ve gotten better and relapsed within those 6 years and try to have my blog as an authentic representation of what it’s like to live with severe mental illness. I have Borderline Personality Disorder, PTSD, Sensory Processing Disorder, and Schizoaffective Disorder Bipolar type. What’s that mean? I hear voices, have rapid mood swings, sensory issues mostly with touch, flashbacks, night terrors (which I haven’t had in awhile), deep depressions, abandonment fears, and a lot of anxiety. However, I am not just my disorders so I blog about other things that are going on in my life, music I relate to, poetry, LGBT info, other mental health information from other sources or blogs. I have 1,014 followers, my own blog FB page, and over 3,000 posts here. My blog means a lot to me.
3. If you could be any animal, what would you be?
I would like to be an owl. They are wise and noctornal. I see them kinda being loners but still being majestic. I’d probably be a little afraid to fly but I’d get over that.
4. Pick ten nominees.
- Midnight Demons about chronic pain and chronic suicidality.
- Living with Borderline Personality Disorder about Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD), Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT) and mental health.
- Pride in Madness about mental health in an unashamed sort of way.
- Sunshine After the Rain is another blog about daily living with Borderline Personality Disorder.
- Life in a Bind: BPD and Me another blog about Borderline Personality Disorder this one is more focused on lengthy posts of topics related to the disorder or therapy.
- And the World Spins Madly On a blog about Borderline Personality Disorder, eating disorders, addiction, and recovery.
- Closer to Happiness
- Maybe getting there
- Understanding me and her
- Dear Darling Sanity