Invalidation & Emotional Abuse

16 Nov

invalidation

Invalidation is a form of subtle emotional abuse, often occurring in the childhoods of person’s with Borderline Personality Disorder.

12 Responses to “Invalidation & Emotional Abuse”

1. manyofus1980 November 16, 2015 at 7:38 PM #

good description. X

2. Janni Styles November 16, 2015 at 8:00 PM #

Love this, people need to learn to stop this. Thanks for anothr good one, Marci.

3. calvin November 16, 2015 at 9:38 PM #

Like prejudice, it can be revoltingly silent; dare I say passively aggressive. Whether overt or concealed I imagine the feeling just as intense and damaging on the recipient. Or so this has me thinking. And if you can make anyone think, then you have done good work here with this.

4. La Quemada November 17, 2015 at 12:47 AM #

Ugh, my first husband did all of those things regularly. For the 10 years we were married, I probably experienced all of those pretty much every week. It’s weird to look at that list now. Thank heavens I left!

• mm172001 November 17, 2015 at 9:21 AM #

I know looking back it’s amazing.

5. Luna EvenTide November 17, 2015 at 7:37 AM #

great post 🙂 I just wanted to say I have borderline, but never do the above… there are different kinds of borderlines, mine being a do nothing but praise and almost idolize to the point of looking very stupid. i am not attacking your post at all, i just felt i had to write in hopes that people will know that not all of us are that way; and those who are i apologize for… i apologize if i shouldn’t have posted :S blessings to you all ❤

• mm172001 November 17, 2015 at 9:23 AM #

What I meant by it is that most people with BPD grow up in this type of environment where other people act that way towards them. I try not to stereotype people bit I know what you mean I’m the people pleaser type also.

6. Joyce November 17, 2015 at 11:56 AM #

Reblogged this on MAKE BPD STIGMA-FREE!.

7. revengestar June 17, 2016 at 2:27 PM #

my mother uses ALL of them

• mm172001 June 19, 2016 at 7:34 AM #

yeah it tends to be the mothers