Graduated from Year Long DBT Class

11 Nov

Yesterday I finished my last class of my DBT year long program. I got a certificate from them as well as my sister (in case Kaiser didn’t do anything).

What I learned most was that my interpersonal skills aren’t that great because of problems regulating emotion and tolerating distress. This was helpful to know since I feel confident in those two skill sets.

13 Responses to “Graduated from Year Long DBT Class”

1. jennymarie4 November 11, 2015 at 1:12 PM #

Congratulations, what an achievement!

2. Joyce November 11, 2015 at 1:38 PM #

Congrats!

• mm172001 November 11, 2015 at 1:38 PM #

Thanks

• Joyce November 11, 2015 at 1:39 PM #

You’re welcome

3. closertohappiness November 11, 2015 at 2:34 PM #

Congratulations!

4. stuffthatneedssaying November 11, 2015 at 3:28 PM #

Congratulations! My DBT group doesn’t formally do graduation or a certificate, but after a talk with the group leader recently we decided I will graduate when I go 2 straight months without acting on negative urges. My record since starting to track these things on diary cards is 5 weeks and 2 days.

• mm172001 November 11, 2015 at 5:50 PM #

My DBT class starts 3 times throughout the year and then you go through the three main modules: distress tolerance, emotional regulation, and interpersonal effectiveness; you do core mindfulness each time between. So I started with distress tolerance in late January and now am done in November. I was the only one who started at my time that actually finished the program. There are others that started after me, still going. I think it’s cool that your learning the skills until some physical evidence shows you’ve progressed.

5. midnightdemons7 November 11, 2015 at 9:39 PM #

congrats!! I am so happy for you and hope the skills you learn help in the future

6. manyofus1980 November 11, 2015 at 11:43 PM #

congrats hon you should be proud! Thats not an easy thing to do so go you for finishing it and seeing it through! XX

• mm172001 November 12, 2015 at 8:58 AM #

Thanks I know, I’m the only one out of our group that started with me that actually finished the program.