Suspend judgement, reach out to me, reassure me, love me.
I have been thinking about what I value in friendships and relationships in general (e.g. the people I want in my inner circle). Here’s what I came up with:
I am looking for and value people who:
- Respect me. Respect my opinion even if we disagree. Are willing to see where I’m coming from. Listen to me.
- Keep in touch with me. I appreciate when reaching out happens on both sides.
- Have a sense of humor. Appreciate mine. Laugh.
- Are willing to have deep conversations.
- Are willing to grow. Are working on their own healing work. Are willing to acknowledge mine.
- See my experiences as valid.
- Are content with quiet moments. Sometimes the best connections come from the spaces between words.
- Are curious about what I’m doing.
- Accept me for who I am. Love me for it.
- Are empathetic.
- Communicate. Are honest.
- See and treat me as a peer.
- Play. Create…
View original post 16 more words