Feedback: Voices

16 May

I’ve heard voices for sometime and they come in sets.  I have usually tried to ignore all the voices except the back 2s because they were nice, neutral, or narrating most the time.  Arguing with the side voices would just aggravate them and they’d get louder and more convincing.  Both those sets of voices are no longer around.  However, the back 2s are still here, and I’m not even 100% sure what they are, why they come and go, and why they don’t seem to respond much to anti-psychotics.  A friend suggested maybe I talk to them.  I was always afraid to, because it makes them seem more real, and me more crazy.  I’m also afraid I will get caught up in their reality and lose mine.  Plus some of the stuff they say is scary, confusing, or dangerous.  The most I really interact with them is saying I’ll compromise and then doing part of what they say, so they’ll be quieter.  I’ve once or twice wrote a dictation of what they say on this blog.

For those that hear voices, do you talk to yours?  Why or why not?

Even if you don’t hear voices, what is your thoughts on talking to them?

Thanks for your feedback.

10 Responses to “Feedback: Voices”

1. midnightdemons7 May 16, 2015 at 6:59 PM #

I talk to mine. it helps ease my anxiety and keeps them quieter than if I ignore them

• mm172001 May 16, 2015 at 11:06 PM #

It seems everyone talks to theirs. Mine are on the verge of giving me a migraine right now. I’m talking to them but they aren’t being nice, so what am I suppose to say?

2. jennydevildoll May 16, 2015 at 8:27 PM #

Some of the nice ones yeah.

3. Addy May 16, 2015 at 9:27 PM #

I regularly talk to my voices. Sometimes because they keep me company, sometimes because I have nothing else to do and sometimes because they keep badgering away at me until I pay them the attention they want. Ignoring them usually results in an increase in their negative content, and as such, causes me increased distress. So talking to them is the only way to go sometimes.

• mm172001 May 16, 2015 at 11:07 PM #

When they are saying negative content, what do you do? Do you still talk to them? It just seems we argue and I get frustrated plus it’s like I never win anyways 😦

4. cazzroo May 17, 2015 at 6:40 AM #

these voices can be spirits,… PLEASE i implore you all get some guidance from a medium or shaman or clairvoyant, whatever… just go get help there. it is NOT illness!! some of the voices will be malicious beings that need help to pass over to their next life, or place of being, others will be there to help you… but to discern I was told by a shaman to ask their name. If they are kind and for you you will hear a name if not, you can guarantee they mean some malice… the main thing I feel is that the more strong you feel, the less you will be attacked by negative ones… when i was in hospital with so called “psychosis”, I could feel beings wanting “in” on me but i was “high” so felt full of love and light, and i would tell them you can’t even get to me, so get away from me…others around me (people) were really suffering but they were depressive, low energy, and I really wanted to help them be happier/stronger, so that they too could have space from these beings.
    PLEASE go see someone – not a bloody shrink either! and get some guidance! you are seeing through a veil here and it is neither bad or good – just useful if you get guidance and yo can use the skill or at least have some peace!!! good luck and most love to you all

5. thebigfarm May 18, 2015 at 9:04 AM #

Hi,
    I have only one voice. Usually, I just nod my head or do what he wants just to shut him up. If I’m feeling strong, i’ll use my “fierce” voice and he sometimes listens. Doc

• mm172001 May 20, 2015 at 10:42 PM #

Thanks for you’re feedback. Noding or acknowledging other than talking back isn’t an idea I had thought of.