I decided to start this challenge first of all to help my readers learn more things specifically related to my mental illnesses. My fellow bloggers are welcome to participate in any or all of the challenge prompts. I I hope this will raise some awareness and give you insight to mental illness. Here is the image to go with the challenge:
I still get a little hesitant when it comes to showing my pride.
Originally posted on Let's Queer Things Up!:
This is a shout out to all the queer people (myself included) who hold back on expressing their pride as openly as others.
Some of us are only just discovering our queerness. Others are dealing with a lousy work environment. Many of us are just not in the right emotional space.
For some queerness presents a very real physical danger.
Maybe they’re in an abusive home, school, or state. They might have even been the target of “religious” hate crimes. Maybe they have a past trauma that is easily triggered.
So while expressing pride for some is a way of life and a duty? For others it’s a luxury they can’t yet afford.
Please be patient with us. Please show us acceptance. Don’t write us off, or put us down.
We hope to wave that banner with you some day, just not yet.
And for my fellow hesitant queers? …
View original 110 more words
This was created to be geared towards teens but I think it is helpful for anyone.
Share a flaw: I’m stubborn, which can be a good thing but usually is a flaw.
Feel so utterly alone. Can’t keep track of how many times I have cried today.
I went to Santa Cruz on Friday with lil sis to see a free concert of Soul Asylum, they sing “Run Away Train.” On Thursday before we left the neighbors came over and the mom had commented the baby was sick or just getting over being sick. He was playing with my iphone and laptop, because that little guy loves electronics. I never get sick so I didn’t worry about it, low and behold I got sick.
It didn’t start to hit me until Friday night so I enjoyed most of the day in Santa Cruz at the boardwalk as well as the concert. We left sort of early Saturday. Lil sis wanted to stay in Capitola for the day but I already had the horrible headache which kicked off this sickness. I humored her a bit (I’m sucking up trying to get her to go to Disneyland with me for Halloween). Then we left. My brother-in-law was working so it was finally a chance for me to watch Orange Is The New Black with my sister. We watched like 4 episodes. I went home and took some Nyquil and went to sleep.
I slept through Sunday, along with it taking Sunday night’s pills.
Today is Monday and I am feeling a little better (physical sick wise) but mentally/emotionally/psychologically I’m a wreck from missing last nights meds. I spent like an hour crying, debating about going to the hospital soon, what to do about the upcoming road trip with 20 something’s friend (plus other guy now) and just how to deal with him moving eventually anyways. Back suicidal again and just wanting to cut everything out. I got up and took the morning meds that helped a little. I’m still sleepy and weak so laying in bed allows my mind to wander. I wish I had someone to distract me. It’s 20 something’s friends finals week so I’m trying to be not needy and then theres the BPD part that’s still upset about the trip and doesn’t even want to go.
I’m falling off. No one notices.
Thanks to Addy for the award
And the eleven questions:
1. If you could have a pet dragon, what would you name him/her? Flames (her)
2. What is you favourite book of all time? The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe
3. If a movie was made about your life, who would play your love interest? Alyson Hannigan ;)
4. What country would you most like to visit? And why? Italy because I learned Italian and it has a lot of cool tourists stuff to see.
5. What are three things that fill you with happiness? Friends. Smashbooking. Ice Cream
6. What is something that no-one else knows about you? I couldn’t tell you, then somebody would know ;)
7. How do you think mental health services could be improved in your country? USA, yes me and my friend’s first purpose when we take over the world is to fix mental health services.
8. Chocolate or Ice-cream? Ice cream all the way, but not chocolate ice cream
9. What is one of your favourite quotes? “Honesty may be the best policy, but insanity is a better defense”
10. What is your happiest memory? 30th Birthday Trip to Disneyland Halloween Time Mickey’s Halloween Party
11. Why do you blog? To promote mental health awareness, to vent, as my therapy, to share interesting things, to educate others, to share my story.
I don’t specifically pass these along so I nominate whoever wants to be nominated. Take this award.